About ABM: Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) is a nonprofit organization that serves the progressive community of the state as a communications hub and educates the public about the negative effects of certain policies, politicians and organizations on their quality of life using earned and new media techniques.
ABM works closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate and deliver the most effective messages using the best channels with particular attention to the effects of public policy decisions on the lives of everyday Minnesotans. Its legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC and state PAC.
Description: The Digital Associate will manage ABM’s social communities and help produce email content day to day. This position will also work with the Executive Director and Web Manager on new digital projects both internally and with our progressive partners.
- Be a part of the creative team that develops innovative outreach techniques to generate media coverage, reach Minnesotans where they’re at and get our message out.
- Participate in the email writing process and draft daily social media content including Facebook posts, tweets, and others as needed.
- Compile results of analytics for websites, email campaigns and social networks.
- Set up signup forms and campaign landing pages. Help increase conversions and build in testing opportunities.
- Support for digital advertising campaigns.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Qualifications: Not all digital specialists are experts in everything. Some combination of skills in visual design, writing specific to the web, or web development will be considered.
- Degree in Journalism, English, Political Science or related field is a plus.
- 1-2 years of experience in online marketing or digital politics.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure and juggle several projects at one time.
- Proven ability to write, copy edit and proofread in a rapid response environment.
- Preferred, but not required: Familiarity with any or all of the following: ActionKit, Blue State Digital, NGPVAN, Salsa, NationBuilder, Google Analytics, Drupal, or WordPress.
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues.
To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and portfolio if applicable to Joe Davis, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to applications received by Wednesday, June 10th.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.