The Alliance for a Better Minnesota is looking for a Visual Content Specialist to bring the powerful stories of everyday Minnesotans to life. Candidates are designers who love creating compelling visuals for various platforms that grab attention. The best candidates will have a background in either video production or graphic design, but able to learn the basics of the other skills quickly.
The Visual Content Specialist is unafraid to try out new ideas but able to respond to what the audience wants. The specialist can take complex ideas or stories and get them across visually with speed and clarity. This position is based in St. Paul, MN but will require occasional travel.
Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) serves the progressive community of the state as a communications hub and educates the public about the negative effects of certain policies, politicians and organizations on their quality of life using earned and new media techniques. We aggressively hold politicians and organizations accountable, driving narratives to expose the truth about who is looking out for working families. ABM is cited as one of the most effective political communications groups in Minnesota – and is held up as a national model for other state organizations.
ABM works closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate, and share the most effective messages using the best channels with attention to the effects of public policy decisions on the lives of everyday Minnesotans. Its legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC and state PAC.
Remember you only need to be a “pro” with graphics or video to start, and able to start learning new skills after.
- Design graphics for email, social media, and digital advertising
- Communicate and collaborate with the ABM team to come up with design guidelines for various projects
- Create motion graphics for platforms like Facebook
- Work on a variety of video projects like motion text and graphics over footage to completely animated videos
- From time to time, filming interviews with people to share their stories
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite video and graphic programs and/or Final Cut Pro
- Degree in Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, or design related field preferred
- Superior attention to detail
- Prioritize many projects at once without dropping the ball
- Strong storytelling skills
- Familiarity with current design styles and trends
- Interest in upcoming design mediums and tactics
- Commitment to progressive politics and issues
- Motivated, hardworking, recent graduate/entry-level professional
- Internship experience is preferred
Compensation: Salary range $48,000 to $50,000 plus 401k, paid vacation and benefits included.
How to apply:
Please send your resume, a cover letter, and a link to your portfolio or work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Preference will be given to applications received by Friday, April 28th but will remain open until filled.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.