Our friends at the Minnesota AFL-CIO blog posted an update from the recent Health Care for America Now! event in Plymouth which drew over 250 supporters of health insurance reform.
Before and after the event, activists were encouraged to visit tables set up around the room to write letters and make phone calls to members of Congress. Rep. Ellison called upon Minnesotans to contact President Obama before next Wednesday so he hears the strong support for the public option. Congress returns to Washington next week and will be addressed by President Obama in a joint session on Wednesday night.
You can read about it in the Washington Post here.
They also posted some video from the event. Check it out below:
Wondering what you can do to help make health insurance reform a reality?
What Can You Do?
- Continue to call your member of Congress at 1-877-264-4226.
- Write your member of Congress a letter
- Send your MOC an email
- Talk to your neighbor about health care reform
Ask your member of Congress to:
- Support a public plan
- Make employers pay their fair share
- Ensure affordable coverage for pre-Medicare retirees
- Not tax health benefits
- Lowers costs
- Puts patients before profits
- Cannot deny coverage
- Provides stability if you lose or change your job