We’re Hiring An Online to Offline Organizer
Alliance for a Better Minnesota seeks an organizer to build power across communities in Minnesota. Using our online tools, this organizer will reach out to Minnesotans who have taken action online to improve our state and hold conservatives accountable and bring those actions offline.
Identify, train, and engage volunteers in grassroots advocacy activities, including but not limited to:
- Phone banking
- Online advocacy
- Community Events
Engage supporters in partisan electoral initiatives. This may include:
- Issue education
- Candidate education
- Voter engagement and turnout
Work Hours and Compensation
Full-Time, Exempt; including evenings and weekends. $3,000-3,500 monthly. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental insurance, PTO and retirement plan. This is a temporary position through November 2016.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- One to three years combined experience in grassroots community organizing, campaign experience, and/or volunteer management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to work well with high-level volunteers; strong ability to lead and engage volunteers.
- Proven competency with voter/supporter database software; experience with VAN strongly preferred.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Twin Cities metro area; this position requires driving and the employee must provide proof and copies of insurance and valid driving license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable locating online communities and making outreach.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and create a positive environment that demonstrates Alliance for a Better Minnesota’s commitment to diversity.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working independently with long distance supervision.
- Demonstrated success in working independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to work with volunteers is a must.
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants reviewed on a rolling basis until filled with preference given to applicants that apply by April 1.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.