Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) is a Minnesota-based advocacy and communications organization. ABM develops, coordinates and disseminates messages for Minnesota’s progressive community to make major gains in progressive public policy. ABM is a traditional and online communications organization that holds elected officials accountable for the impacts of their policy decisions.
ABM is currently seeking a intern that is interested in political writing, communications, and research. If you follow progressive politics and want to be more involved, this internship is for you.
Duties will include:
- Tracking political news
- Writing about political issues and the legislature
- Contributing to research projects
- Data entry
- Other tasks as assigned by the Communications Director
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Belief in the progressive cause
- Interest in political research
- Graphic design experience (Adobe) preferred
Hours and Compensation:
Interns will be paid $15/hr and internships can be taken for academic credit.
The internship will run from July through December depending on schedule. The hours are flexible and will be arranged in coordination with ABM staff and intern’s schedule; however interns will be expected to work between 10-15 hours per week.
Applications will be accepted through Tuesday, June 26 with preference given to early applicants.
Send cover letter, resume and one example of your written or digital work to: