Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) is a Minnesota-based advocacy and communications organization. ABM develops, coordinates and disseminates messages for Minnesota’s progressive community to make major gains in progressive public policy. ABM is a traditional and online communications organization that holds elected officials accountable for the impacts of their policy decisions.
ABM is currently seeking a creative intern that is interested in video work, social media and MN politics. If you follow progressive politics and want to be more involved, this internship is for you.
Duties will include:
- Video editing / subtitling / transcribing
- Assist on social media needs
- Helping with ABM’s social media reporting
- Other tasks assigned by the Visual Content & Brand Specialist
- Video editing experience (Adobe) preferred
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Belief in the progressive cause
Hours and Compensation:
Interns will be paid $15/hr and internships can be taken for academic credit.
The internship will run June – September depending on schedule. The hours are flexible and will be arranged in coordination with the ABM staff and intern’s schedule; however interns will be expected to work between 10-15 hours per week.
Send your portfolio/website, cover letter, and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through May 16th with preference given to early applicants.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBT individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.