The Alliance for a Better Minnesota is looking for a Content Production Assistant to bring the powerful stories of everyday Minnesotans to life. Ideal candidates are excellent video storytellers and capable of crafting video and audio content for specific digital platforms.
The Content Production Assistant will be a creative self-starter unafraid to try out new ideas but able to respond to what the audience wants. This position is based in St. Paul, MN but will require occasional travel.
Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) serves the progressive community of the state as a communications hub and educates the public about the negative effects of certain policies, elected officials, and organizations on their quality of life using earned and new media techniques. We aggressively hold elected officials and organizations accountable, driving narratives to expose the truth about who is looking out for working families. ABM is cited as one of the most effective political communications groups in Minnesota and is held up as a national model for other state organizations.
ABM works closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate, and share the most effective messages using the best channels with attention to the effects of public policy decisions on the lives of everyday Minnesotans. Its legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC and state PAC.
- Assist in filming videos for various digital platforms and audiences
- Assist in editing video and sound from shoots before publishing
- Keep up to date on trends in content optimization strategies, tools, and tactics
- ALL of this is done in a consistent spirit of teamwork, collaboration and innovation – “lone wolf” types need not apply
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 to 3 years of experience in videography and/or editing of video content
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven skills producing media for social media platforms
- Degree in a creative production related field is a plus, but not required
- Experience producing and editing with Adobe Premier Pro or Final Cut Pro. Adobe Audition and After Effects experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Salary range $50,000 to $52,000 depending on years of related experience plus 401k and benefits included.
Submit resume, relevant media work examples, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Preference will be given to applications received by Monday, July 15th but will remain open until filled.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.