The Alliance for a Better Minnesota is looking for a Community Engagement Manager to connect with our audiences across e-mail and social media. The ideal candidates are excellent writers and storytellers, capable of crafting words for a mass email or connecting with our audiences about ongoing campaigns across social media.
The Community Engagement Manager will be a creative self-starter unafraid to try out new ideas but able to respond to what the audience wants. This position is based in St. Paul, MN but will require occasional travel.
Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) serves the progressive community of the state as a communications hub and educates the public about the negative effects of certain policies, elected officials, and organizations on their quality of life using earned and new media techniques. We aggressively hold elected officials and organizations accountable, driving narratives to expose the truth about who is looking out for working families. ABM is cited as one of the most effective political communications groups in Minnesota and is held up as a national model for other state organizations.
ABM works closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate, and share the most effective messages using the best channels with attention to the effects of public policy decisions on the lives of everyday Minnesotans. Its legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC and state PAC.
- Produce and manage the content flow of ABM’s e-mail list and social media accounts, working with our production team
- Manage our communities and audiences across various social media platforms, engaging with members directly
- Keep up to date on trends in content optimization strategies, tools, and tactics
- ALL of this is done in a consistent spirit of teamwork, collaboration and innovation – “lone wolf” types need not apply
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-3 years minimum of experience managing at least one of an email list, social media account and/or online community
- Excellent attention to detail, while being adaptive and organized on social media and email management
- Proven skills engaging with a social media audience–Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram especially– and generating engagement
- Degree in marketing, political science, or related fields a plus but not required
- Experience using social media listening, scheduling, and analytics tools to inform creative decisions and processes
- Familiarity with EveryAction, ActionKit, or other CRMs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Salary range $57,000 to $60,000 depending on years of related experience plus 401k and benefits included.
Submit resume, relevant social media work examples, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Preference will be given to applications received by Monday, July 15th but will remain open until filled.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.