Below is a posting for those interested in spending a summer learning about progressive politics online, while working with team ABM in our New Media Fellowship Program. Check it out and pass it around!
ABM New Media Fellowship
Role: Alliance for a Better Minnesota, a progressive online and grassroots advocacy organization, is looking for some folks who love the internet to join its New Media Fellowship program for the summer of 2012.
Participants in The New Media Fellowship Program will be given hands on work in all areas of modern digital political advocacy campaigns, but we will tailor this experience so that you get the most out of it. Based on the interests and skills of prospective participants, responsibilities will be split in the categories of web content, ads and marketing strategy, or digital design.
Who You Are:
- You’re politically active. We are passionate about progressive causes and show it, and we want you to be as well.
- You’re a good writer. Not just stuffy term papers, because we’re looking for people able to write with their own unique voice about the issues that matter to them in a persuasive way.
- You love the internet, cat videos and all. We use the internet to spread the word about progressive issues, and we want your help to expand. Whether it’s a little blogging on the side or a wicked tumblr, you’re comfortable expressing yourself digitally.
- You can make pretty pictures. While it’s not a deal breaker, we’d really like to work with students with skills in graphic design. Visual communication is more important than ever for progressive causes, and you can help.
Term: May 28th -August 17th. 15-20 hours a week. Applications submitted before Wednesday, May 16th will recieve priority. However, we can be flexible around your school schedule if you need it. We will also offer compensation for your time, because people in our fellowship work hard.
What to Submit:
- A CV, and we encourage those of you with portfolios of your work to show them off. Have a website? Show us!
- A writing sample. Something that shows us you can write persuasively and in an engaging way.
Send cover letter, CV and writing sample to:
Alliance for a Better Minnesota
Any questions? Tweet me @doeyjavis
And for those of you commenting on the wrong usage of the “condescending Wonka” meme, I apologize. Via a comment on our Facebook page: