The Alliance for a Better Minnesota is looking for a Research Intern to assist with the mission of the organization. Do you have a passion for policy? An interest in how goings on in Washington and Saint Paul can impact our communities? An eye for detail? Have you ever wanted to look at a computer monitor in a courthouse for hours? Are you the type of individual that falls down a rabbit hole when looking up the answer to something? Then this internship is for you.
Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) serves the progressive community of the state as a communications hub and educates the public about the negative effects of certain policies, elected officials, and organizations on their quality of life using earned and new media techniques. We aggressively hold elected officials and organizations accountable, driving narratives to expose the truth about who is looking out for working families. ABM is cited as one of the most effective political communications groups in Minnesota and is held up as a national model for other state organizations.
ABM works closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate, and share the most effective messages using the best channels with attention to the effects of public policy decisions on the lives of everyday Minnesotans. Its legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC and state PAC.
- Assisting the Research Director in day to day observation, collation, and cataloguing of pertinent information.
- Updating and creating research documents on issues and elected officials of interest.
- Some creation of public facing written communication will be possible.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- An eye for detail.
- Some knowledge of boolean searches is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent written abilities, as the work we do will need to be clear, concise, and quickly understood.
- Understanding of the multitude of information databases in the world is also a plus.
- A desire to learn more about political research as a career.
- An eye for detail.
$15 an hour for 10-15 hours a week.
Submit resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. Preference will be given to applications received by Friday, November 1st but will remain open until filled.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage persons of color, women, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and those who are unemployed to apply.