Scott Jensen officially announced that he’s running for governor of Minnesota.
There are a lot of reasons why Jensen is not the leader that Minnesotans need. But here is the big one:
Scott Jensen has promoted COVID-19 conspiracies and downplayed the pandemic.
Because Jensen has spread COVID-19 lies and conspiracy theories, he has been rightfully criticized.
In July 2020, the director of medical ethics at New York University’s school of medicine called Jensen’s COVID-19 comments problematic and politically driven.
Then, in December 2020, Kaiser Health News called Scott Jensen’s COVID-19 comments the “Lie of the Year.” And that same month, the Washington Post also fact checked Jensen’s lies.
But that’s not all.
As a Minnesota state senator, Scott Jensen voted to:
- Shortchange working Minnesotans.
- Underfund Minnesota schools.
- Give tax breaks to the wealthiest Minnesotans and big tobacco companies.
- Protect opioid companies from taking responsibility for the opioid epidemic.
- Block Minnesotans with diabetes from getting emergency insulin.
- And he blocked gun violence prevention bills.
And in a story published by Fox 9 news in 2019, Scott Jensen admitted that Minnesota Republicans were controlled by big pharma.
As we work to rebuild from the coronavirus pandemic, it’s clear that Scott Jensen is not the leader we need.