Alliance for a Better Minnesota (ABM) is seeking a junior creative intern for the fall of 2023.
If you want to build your work experience in the creative industry and progressive politics, this internship is for you!
ABM is one of Minnesota’s most influential political communications groups and is held up as a national model for other state organizations. ABM is a nonprofit organization that serves the state’s progressive community as a communications hub. We aggressively hold elected officials and organizations accountable, driving narratives to expose the truth about who is looking out for Minnesotans. And we engage with and educate Minnesotans about the effects of specific policies, elected officials, and organizations on their quality of life using innovative, cutting-edge media techniques.
We work closely with national and state allied groups to develop, coordinate, and share the most effective messages using the best channels with attention to the effects of policy decisions on the lives of Minnesotans. Our legal entities include a 501(c)4, 501(c)3, federal PAC, and state PAC.
About the role
This internship involves working closely with the Creative Director to develop your creative and strategic chops while also working with the ABM team to concept and execute creative content and projects. This is a hybrid position but will require occasional travel in and around Minnesota and to the office.
- Brainstorm and pitch creative ideas
- Assist with creative and visual production needs
- Creative workload will be dependent on the individual’s skillset and interests and may include but is not limited to video, photography, graphic design, and creative/digital strategy development.
If you have some but not all the qualifications, consider applying anyway!
- Curious, innovative, and growth mindset
- Interest in digital trends and creative strategy
- Video editing and shooting experience
- Design sense, particularly in areas of layout, visual cues, and information design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Premiere, InDesign, and/or Photoshop
- Ability to turn creative ideas into content
- Ability to work with an already established visual identity and brand standards
- Online creative portfolio is a plus
- Commitment to progressive issues and values
- Ability to travel in and around Minnesota and to the office occasionally
The junior creative intern will be paid $15 per hour. The internship can also be taken for academic credit (depending on school requirements).
The internship will run from September through December, depending on the semester schedule. The hours are flexible and will be arranged in coordination with the Creative Director and the intern’s schedule; however, interns will be expected to work between 10-15 hours per week.
Submit portfolio/website link, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through Sunday, August 20th, at midnight.
ABM is deeply committed to social, racial, gender, and economic justice. We strongly encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, and unemployed individuals to apply.